Hydraulic jars are downhole tools that are installed in the drill string to generate strokes, when needed, to help free the drill string if it got stuck in the hole.
- one-section design that makes the build-up of the BHA faster and easier compared to using two-section jars
- rugged spline connection that enables effective torque transmission during rotary drilling
- metering device of a special design that guarantees consistent delay times to control impact force
- strokes can be generated at the stuck point with different impact force and intensity in both up and down directions
- increased inner diameter enables MWD tools to easily pass through the jar
- guaranteed operation at bottom-hole operation up to 200 ºC
- availability of jars in standard sizes 4 1/4, 4 3/4, 7 and 8 inches (108, 121, 178 und 203 mm)